Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Get Ready for the Summer Break

With one week left of the Spring Season of The New York City Ballet, I am starting to think of the approaching layoff. During the months off in the summer, when we are not performing, rehearsing, or practicing every day, there is a lot of free time to get out of shape. However, I definitely believe that it is important to take a certain amount of time off to allow injuries or ailing pains to heal; but too much time off makes it very hard to get back into shape. 

Dancers are known to be complete perfectionists. Spending hours rehearsing in front of a mirror, dancers continue to practice until they get every step perfect; down to every last finger and toe. As a dancer, I strive to be the best I can at every different ballet I learn. In order to feel the best I can, I have to make sure my body is in top condition. There are many ways that influence the care of my body and well being. Including: how I exercise, what I eat, time spent with friends, and the amount of sleep I get. These factors are all important to help my mind and body feel good. This summer, while I'm away from performing, I'm going to strive to continue to thrive at what I do by staying as healthy and as in shape as I possibly can. I intend to use this blog to inform everyone about my journey to stay in shape this summer by sharing certain exercise routines and healthy recipes to make. I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful and healthy summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment