Sunday, June 8, 2014

Post Workout Fuel

I want to post some of my favorite healthy recipes on my blog and I think that this first one is a great one for after a long workout. It is important to replenish your body with nutrients to help you recover after you exercise. I like to call post workout snacks "my fuel ". People who don't refuel after working out miss the opportunity to help their bodies really benefit from their workout. Therefore, they are more likely to snack later because they are still hungry. 

On a hot summer day it is always nice to get a cold smoothie. The one I like to have after working out is called the peanut butter cup.

Ingredients:
1 cup of almond milk
1 frozen banana
1/4 cup of almond butter
2 dates
1 tablespoon of cacao powder
1 dash of cinnamon

Directions:
Blend all ingredients in a blender and serve cold!

The natural sugars in the banana and dates are perfect for replenishing electrolytes after a workout. Its always important to drink plenty of water after a work out. However, smoothies like the one above will help you stay energized. The almond butter and cinnamon are natural energizers that will keep you going!  

No comments:

Post a Comment