Sunday, July 13, 2014

Home Sweet Home

Finally, this week I will be able to go visit my hometown of Cape Cod. Christmas was the last time I've been home so I can't wait! Cape Cod during the summer is the best time to be there. The salt air from the ocean is so refreshing compared to the summer air in New York City. The beaches, fried clams, and ice cream are also a few of the many things I look forward to and miss when I'm away from them for too long.  



Since I'll be home for about a week, and away from my normal workout routine, I wanted to share a few tips on ways to keep up with my normal exercises. Firstly, I would plan ahead and make a list of when and what I intend to work on. 

In the morning:

  • Do an abdominal series (crunches, the hundreds, scissors, elbow to knee crunches) If you have any questions about how to do any of these exercises please ask!
In the middle of the day:
  • Go to the beach and swim.
Or 
  • Go for a nature walk on one of the many trails around the Cape.
In the evening:
  • Do some light yoga poses. As well as stretch your muscles for about five minutes.
While being home and away from the gym it is hard for me to believe that I'm actually getting a good workout. However, by being active and outside is a very good workout. Whether it is being out in the garden or walking along the beach, it is important to get in a good routine and dedicate time to stay in motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment