Sunday, July 13, 2014

Tutus and Tea

When deciding to follow a blog, I look for ones that give inspiring information about ways to be healthy. One of my favorites is by a girl named Shelby Elsbree who is also a dancer. From her blog I learned that she recently joined Boston Ballet after being in The Royal Danish Ballet. Shelby writes and shares pictures in her blog called Tutus and Tea about her adventures while traveling, healthy recipes, and inspirational messages for everyday life. 

One post that I found lovely was a recipe post. The posts title is called  ginger nut butter. In this post she gives a wonderful homemade recipe for a nut butter.


I particularly like this post because I think it is a great recipe to have on hand for an on-the-go snack. Sometimes it is hard to have a full meal during the day when you are rehearsing without a break. So to have a good protein packed snack on hand is essential. I'm curious to know if Shelby also thought of how important it is for dancers to have a snack filled with protein on hand when she was writing this post. I wonder if she has any additional advice on what snacks are best to have that give you energy. I responded to her post saying, 
"Shelby, 
I love your posts with recipes. They all look so scrumptious. I think that this post in particular shows a great snack for post work out. Its so important to refuel after a work out and the protein in the nuts in this nut butter is a wonderful and yummy way to get it. I was wondering if you had any other recipes that give dancers energy when they don't have time for  a full meal?
Thanks for a wonderful post!
Sara 
I look forward to continue reading her blog! I think that her voice and the information she shares in her blog makes readers want to come back for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment