Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Right Playlist

Music is such an important part of my life as a dancer. It surrounds me in every thing that I do. I start my day by listening to music as a way to wake me up. When I get to work, I have the pleasure of taking class to a live pianist. I rehearse all day to different composers' music. Before the show, I warm up to oldies or the top hits. And at night I perform with a live orchestra. There is a saying by George Balanchine, the founder of our company, that reads "See the music, hear the dance". The music should be so encompassing when we dance that it looks like we are the music and not just a dancer dancing to the music. 



When I am off from dancing with the company, music is still a big part of my daily life. I continue to play music to help me wake up in the morning. And when I go to the gym to workout, I must have my music. I believe that I enjoy my workout more when I have a good playlist of songs. I feel great when I have my favorite songs come up on Pandora; it's like the station knows what I need to get through a hard workout. Right now, my favorite album to listen to at the gym is Beyonce's new album.


One of my favorite songs on the album is XO. Below is the music video.


No matter what your favorite kind of music is, when you are at the gym, make sure you get a playlist that pumps you up and makes you feel good. It will change the way you workout! 

No comments:

Post a Comment